Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rediscovering Dangwa


A few weeks ago, I was reading some of Marketman's posts on flowers which inspired me to have some vases of flowers at home. Having heard of Dangwa, but only having been there once on our way to the cemetery, I had never seen Dangwa at night. So that night, around 10pm, I dragged the boyfriend to accompany me to Dangwa.

As usual, the boyfriend was very irritable (sinusumpong). He gets like that when he knows we'll be going to crowded, not so pleasant places. But, also as usual, I am able to cheer him up. He says I'm too cute. In his defense, I am able to make him cave under a barrage of cuteness, to cater to my every whim :) Haha, well, for the most part.

We bought flowers which I thought would look good arranged. I looked for inexpensive flowers and fillers, those going for Php5-40 a bunch. We were also offered 2 dozen roses for Php60 toward the end of our trip. Too bad we had already bought too much or I would have bought those roses too. I took a mental note of where to find them for the next time I was there.

When I got home, I cut the stems at an angle and arranged the flowers in water with a drop of bleach and a little sugar. This is supposed to keep the water from bacteria and wrigglers, as well as feed the flowers.

The boyfriend gave me the orange gerberas. I told him they were expensive at Php180, but he insisted. He said he wanted to give them to me, and he was specific! He wanted the orange ones. So being the gracious girlfriend that I am, I accepted. I really appreciated the gesture.

I put the gerberas on my dressing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment