Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick Four Cheese Ravioli


Some days you would just like a good meal on the table with minimal effort. Maybe you only have 30 minutes before mealtime. I'm glad I discovered this Frozen Four Cheese Ravioli pack at S&R. Haha, I know it sounds like an advertisement, it's not. I just really like this. It's a bit pricey at almost Php700, I think, but this big pack can make several meals. When you do the math, it really is quite inexpensive for a ravioli meal.

What do I like about it? There's no need to defrost! Just boil water with some oil and salt, just like regular pasta. Once the water is boiling, drop in ravioli one at a time. Stir ocassionally to prevent sticking. When ravioli is floating in the water, you know it's done. Cook just enough ravioli for the meal, then zip up the remaining frozen ravioli in the ziptop baggie and put it back in the freezer.

For the sauce, you can make your tomato sauce of choice or just make a simple sage butter sauce. For the meal pictured below, I just heated up a can of Spaghetti Sauce and adjusted the seasoning to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment